Create a plan and budget for your donation. Then keep moving and don't be attracted or distracted by requests from other organizations that need it. You can also pop over to this website if you are looking for a pet charity foundation in San Diego.
1. Select the animal shelter or rescue organization you wish to help. Find one that appeals to your heart and soul, not just your wallet.
2. Paychecks to the relevant nonprofit organization and mail them to the organization's physical address or mail them to their official mailing address. Never check with someone who says they represent the organization.
3. Get a receipt for cash donations.
4. If your donation was in cash or in-kind from your residence or business, first contact the organization for the name of the authorized member. When the person comes to collect the donation, ask them to show some ID, such as a B. Driver's license identification.
5. A member making a request on behalf of a nonprofit organization must be able to provide you with information about the organization and its events, as well as the tax receipt for your donation.
6. Follow the organization's planned fundraisers as listed in local newspapers, official web sites, and brochures published at local businesses. If you have questions about attending or participating in a fundraiser, contact the organization.
7. Make sure what you give. Find information about the animals supported, the costs of keeping the animals in the shelter, and the amount of money used for administrative support.
8. Work with organizations to achieve their goals and yours and make the world a better place for animals. Share your efforts and results publicly to inspire others to work with you to support good causes and save lives.