A common source of errors in connection problems is the coupling of wearable and app. Note the following points:
- The coupling should take place in parallel in the app and on the Garmin device – i.e. simultaneously.
- The smartphone and Garmin device must not be more than three meters apart.
- Make sure to pair your wearable directly through the Garmin Connect app. So do not pair the two devices via the Bluetooth settings of your smartphone.
Here's how to pair properly
To pair the devices correctly, do the following:
- Open the app and switch on the wearable.
- In the app you go to Android on the menu and on the iPhone to More.
- Then you type on Garmin devices, and then click the plus sign (+).
- Go here for all devices and then select your device model, e.g., "Vivofit 2".
- Now the app needs some personal information from you, then you tap on Next.
How you proceed at this point depends on your Garmin device. The aim is to start the pairing process to the smartphone in the Bluetooth settings:
- To do this, you either hold down the device key or put your finger on the touchscreen until a menu opens in which you can navigate to the Bluetooth settings of your gadget.
- In the “Garmin Connect” app, tap on Start on iPhone or Search for the device on Android.
- Then you choose the 'Add device'.
- Now you simply follow the instructions of the app until the pairing process is complete.