If you're thinking about using cold mix asphalt in your next project, it's important to know a few things first. To know more about cold mix asphalt, you can simply visit https://www.ezstreetasphalt.com.au/.
Here are the top five things you need to know:
1. Cold mix asphalt is a blend of hot asphalt and bitumen that has been cooled below the melting point of either material.
2. It is typically used as afoundation for roads and other outdoor surfaces, as it provides better durability andweather resistance than either type of asphalt alone.
3. Its high viscosity makes it difficult to work with, so special equipment and techniques are required to lay down a consistent layer of cold mix asphalt.
4. Because its low melting point, cold mix asphalt can be poured over uneven or soft surfaces without sinking or warping; this is an advantage compared to traditional hot mixture asphalt, which requires proper drainage before application in order to avoid water retention problems later on (and potential road closures).
5. Finally, because cold mix asphalt contains lessenotes of Bitumen per unit volume than regular hot mixture asphalt, it is often more expensive – but this also means that it lasts longer without needing re-paving
If you are looking to pave your driveway, then you will need to be aware of the things thatCold Mix Asphalt is made up of. This type of asphalt is a blend, which means that it contains both hot mix and cold mix ingredients. The cold mix ensures that the asphalt sets quickly and retains its shape even when wet; this is important because it allows contractors to start working as soon as possible after receiving a permit from the municipality.